50 Oakwood is so much more than a house. Tucked away on a quiet block in the heart of Mission Dolores, it is an oasis in the city. 50 Oakwood is an exceptional blend of modernity and classicism, designed by world renowned architect Stanley Saitowitz of Natoma Architects. Behind the concrete, glass and steel frame is a study in classic, natural materials that create living spaces so lovely, so clean, so full of light and air, that once you enter, you may never want to leave.
50 Oakwood Street
Four levels flow seamlessly into each other, helped by floor-to-ceiling walls of glass, as well as abundant natural stone. No expense has been spared in this residence, where the finest finishes and every amenity rule. A custom-cut, 16-foot-long Italian Santa Catarina travertine fireplace, with perfectly matched grains, sits above its stone bench and ceramic gas ribbon fireplace, highlighting the expansive living room. A palette of warm colors sets the backdrop for contemporary-yet-comfortable lounging. Sharing the second level is the grand kitchen – custom fabricated grey oak Boffi cabinetry with hidden wall systems feature pocket doors that, when open, reveal abundant storage with underlit cabinets and plenty of work space for the most accomplished chef. The 15-foot-long Boffi island with custom quartz countertop and integrated sink centers the room and provides just one of several dining options.
Inviting and serene, the master suite shares the third level, yet provides privacy and modern comfort. Creating a serene retreat, the bedroom boasts its own sitting terrace accessed through glass doors, wide-plank white oak floors and fully outfitted dual custom Porro wardrobes. The soothing spa-like master bathroom features custom Boffi vanities, travertine walls and floors, and Blu Bathworks rain shower, body jets and soaking tub. In addition to the master suite, this floor hosts two additional bedrooms, each of which is flooded with light. The spacious bedrooms are perfectly appointed with custom Porro closets and share a bathroom that offers natural stone floors and walls, a custom Boffi vanity, and a large soaking tub.
Another world appears as you ascend the stone steps to the fourth-floor pentroom. It’s easy to lose track of where the light, bright, fresh interior ends and the endless blue sky begins. Disappearing Fleetwood glass doors give way to spacious front and back terraces, as well as glorious views from downtown to the hills. Indoor and outdoor décor and custom furniture take you seamlessly from shade to sun, as you tune out the rest of the world below. A roomy closet and full bathroom means you never really have to leave this very special top-floor.
As you settle into the fully lit, manicured backyard and gaze up at this contemporary masterpiece, each stepped terrace, glass wall and light-filled room looks back. Gather around the custom fire bowl by Concrete Works, or dine outside on your sunken travertine patio. Just inside, through floor-to-ceiling glass on the lower level, is the self-contained in-law/au pair apartment. With its own entrance, bedroom, bathroom, laundry and a kitchen complete with Boffi cabinetry and Miele appliances, this flat is ideal for live-ins or guests.
50 Oakwood sits perfectly in an easily accessible and exciting part of San Francisco, steps from Dolores Park and some of the city’s best restaurants. But once you are enveloped by the luxury and comfort of 50 Oakwood, you are likely to want to stay put right where you are.
Highlights of this Exquisite Residence Include
• Approximately 4,665 finished square feet on four levels
• Up to 5 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms
• Floor-to-ceiling windows fill every room with light, while disappearing automatic sun shades ensure privacy
• The entry staircase floats full-slab travertine with a stunning glass-wall rail system
• Custom Boffi cabinetry and Porro wardrobe systems are employed throughout
• Expansive stepped terraces on all levels
• Front and back rooftop terraces with city-to-hills views
• Multi-panel sliding and pocketing low profile Fleetwood floor-to-ceiling glass doors to outdoor areas
• Multi-zone radiant heating
• LED lighting throughout
• Premium appliances, all by Miele include: 30” convection oven, 24” speed oven, 48” refrigerator / freezer, 36” gas cooktop, built in whole bean coffee system and dishwasher
• Full slabs and oversized tiles of natural stone throughout
• A self-contained in-law/au pair apartment has its own entrance, kitchen and laundry
• Low maintenance, drought resistant landscape and hardscape with automatic irrigation
• Savant home-automation system controls aspects of the home from wall-mounted iPads or directly from your phone — from anywhere you may be in the world
• Sonos sound system
• James Loudspeaker in-ceiling speakers
• Siedle front door entry system with camera and intercom
• All rooms pre-wired for audio
• Living room and family room pre-wired for 8 channel surround sound
• All floors pre-wired for PoE based wifi system
• Lutron lighting controls
• Cat6 wiring throughout
• Automated shades with every shade location pre-wired for additional treatments
• Pre-wired on all floors for additional iPad stations and Siedle wall phones
• ELK-M1 security system with sensors on every operable window and door
"I search to make architecture a frame, an open field which facilitates the dreams and desires of the inhabitants."
Mission Dolores is one of the oldest neighborhoods in San Francisco. Sunny, flat, and centrally located, the neighborhood represents the heart and soul of San Francisco. Attractive to people of all walks of life, Mission Dolores is one of the most desirable neighborhoods in San Francisco. The neighborhood is a melting pot, with some of the city’s newest and best restaurants with chefs determined to make their mark and earn a Michelin star, traditional Mexican taquerias and panaderias, pop-up galleries, and an abundance of shops. The neighborhood is highly walkable, public transportation is great and has easy access to 280/101.
• 1/2 block from Bi-Rite Market, Bi-Rite Creamery, Tartine Bakery, Delfina Pizza and Delfina Restaurant
• 2-3 blocks from all of the restaurants, bars, and shops on Valencia and Mission Streets
• 1/2 block from Dolores Park
• 1/2 block from shuttle stops
• Easy access to 280/101
• Walk Score 97 | Bike Score 96 | Transit Score 99.